Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

99 GMC brake light problem

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by solo dolo, Jun 22, 2010.

1. solo dolo

solo dolo New Member

my 1999 GMC Sierra 2500. the brake lights have stopped working. The third brake light still does work tho. the only other problem with the lights is that when i turn the hazards on the front left one doesnt work. I dont know if this could be related or not.

Anyone that can help me figure this out thank you very much

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

i have checked all the fuses, none are blown. all the bulbs are good and i replaced both of the circuit boards for the rear lights. still no brake lights.

2. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Check the relays for the brake lights. Check the wiring harness at the frame rail to the back lights. Does left turn signal work, but the hazards don't?

Good luck,

3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Also your trailer wiring harness, would be something to take a look at.