1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

'99 GMC Suburban K2500 hydraulic brake assist replacement

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bartman68, Aug 1, 2012.

1. bartman68

bartman68 New Member

Hi everyone,

Like the thread title says, I've got a '99 GMC K2500 Suburban and I'm trying to get the old hydraulic brake assist unit out of the truck. I'm planning to chisel the nut off that holds it to the firewall but I'm looking under there and wondering how do i detach the brake pedal from the pushrod???? And then how do you reattach the new brake pushrod? It's buried under there!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love my Suburban and right now it's stuck in the garage until I can get this fixed.

The original hydraulic brake assist unit is leaking around the accumulator.

Thanks a lot,
    Bart

2. bartman68

bartman68 New Member

as I said, it looks like it's leaking around the accumulator. has anyone ever tried using Lucas power steering stop-leak in these systems?