99" GMC Suburban Won't Stay Running

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by torianator, Dec 29, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. torianator

torianator New Member

hello everyone.hope for some help with problem.went to start sub and it would start but die.thought fuel pump so i changed it with oem one.ran great for 2 weeks but did exact same thing again.changed filter but didnt help.it does start and stay running sometimes.could it be engine temp sensor? thanks in advance for any suggestions
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would post this in one of the tech forums it will help you get a better responce.

Have you checked the fuel pressure and that the injectors are spraying. Also have you checked the plugs? Do you have any codes, if you do get them checked and post them here.
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I don't know your truck, but I'm guessing it has a fuel injected throttle body. A good cleaning will probably make a difference.
  4. Conlan Rose

99 is SFI, actually all trucks from 96 on have SFI. Cleaning the injectors still may help if they are clogged.
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thanks @Conlan Rose

Your right Conlan, it should start with dirty injectors, just run bad and maybe stall as soon as it starts, so it could be dirty injectors; but I'm wondering if gas is even getting to the injectors

Have you checked the fuel pump relay? Can you hear the pump run?
  6. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you here. :glasses:
  7. torianator

torianator New Member

getting misfire on 7.havent changed relay.will change plugs,wires and post results.thanks for advice everyone
  8. Conlan Rose

Make sure you get the Delco plugs or in a year or two the same problem will come back. GM trucks love AC Delco plugs which are the OEM plugs.
  9. torianator

torianator New Member

thanks conlan rose
  10. Conlan Rose

No problem. :smile: