Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

99 K1500 to 98 K2500 burban 6" suspension lift kit swap

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by edsmagichands, Aug 26, 2013.

1. edsmagichands

edsmagichands Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Hi all!
    Hoping someone out there has some info on this. my son bought a wrecked 99 K1500 with 6" lift, new tires & such hoping to swap the lift to his stock 98 K2500. i did a quick roll around under both,took a few rough measurements, and the frames appear the same. i'm not sure what brand the lift is, thought maybe fabtec cause it blue, but? anyway, two companies that do installs on a regular basis said they won't swap. GM says frames have 2 different part #s. i don't want to strip 2 suspensions only to find it won't swap & have to put everything back on, too much work for this old man!
    If anyone has done it or has some thoughts, gimme a shout.

THANKS TO ALL!

PS: I posted this in another forum before i found this one,. hope i didn't break any rules!

2. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I would assume since they have different lift kits for each that there are parts that won't be interchangeable. May look similar but... I'd probably listen to the shops that do installs on a regular basis here and part out the wrecked truck.

3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

this is what I was going to say. Some fabrication skills maybe, but you would have to see the kits side by side to see the differences.

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I just looked at fabtech's website. They do not even list a kit for the k2500 for that year. So, there must be some difference. You could always call them and find out

5. edsmagichands

edsmagichands Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys! all confirming my original research. fabtec says they don't make a kit for the 2500 but no one, not even GM can tell me what the difference in the frame is. I just thought i'd throw it out there and see if some brave soul had tried it before! I am really curious but don't have the time or energy to find out the hard way.