1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

99 S-10 Fuel problem?

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by 84K20, Dec 5, 2013.

1. 84K20

84K20 New Member

Hi. I have a 99 S-10 with the anemic 2.2 and 5-spd. It's a 2WD with 160k miles. A month ago I changed the fuel filter just because it was due. As soon as the temp drops into the teens or colder, the darned thing bucks and sputters going down the road. Doesn't do it when it is relatively warm. It acts just like it is running out of fuel. The gas gauge wasn't working when I bought it so I changed the fuel pump hoping that would solve it. Gas gauge works now but still having issues. No check engine light. At idle and 50%-WOT or so it runs fine, but at light load it runs like crap. I dumped a can of Sea-Foam in the last time I gassed up with no results. Plug for the injector is okay. Any thought? Thanks!
  2. 84K20

84K20 New Member

Update: I changed the plugs and wires and the fuel pressure regulator; no luck. Runs like new when it's warm. When it's cold it bucks and misses so bad that the ZCD player skips. Any ideas?? I suppose I should get injectors next but I'm getting tired of throwing parts at this thing.
  3. Gramps43

Gramps43 New Member

Get your codes read, it's an OBD II system, and go from there.
  4. 84K20

84K20 New Member

Will it pick up a code with no check engine‚Äč light?
  5. Gramps43

Gramps43 New Member

Got me there I'm not at all familiar with that sys, hell I'm barely familiar with my sys. 8~)))))}.
  6. chrisclaar63

chrisclaar63 New Member

it will read codes as Pending. try cleaning the TB with carb cleaner. if problem persists then definitely injectors.