1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

99 silverado 1500 heater core

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by twostickmutt, Feb 29, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. twostickmutt

twostickmutt New Member

it smells like i have to change my heater core (and steams like) in my 99 silverado. where the heater hoses connect to the core on the firewall it looks like plastic fittings they connect to. after the hoses are off will the 2 plastic pieces pull off of the core or how do they come off. it looks like the core wont pull out of the firewall with those on or am i missing something here. thanks for any help.*

2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Normally the core comes out through the passenger compartment. Look for C-clips on the backside of hose nipples.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

http://youtu.be/lkn40n224kE

3. twostickmutt

twostickmutt New Member

thanks for the reply coach. what i was wondering was where the heater hoses go on to the core are they 2 plastic quick connects that the hoses go on and if so do they just pull off of the heater core itself. was wondering if one of those maybe leaking into the heater core box.

4. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

hard to say if they are leaking. best thing is rent or borrow a pressure tester and that will surely pin point your leak