Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

'99 Silverado Battery drain after setting several days

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by oldmangoodwrench, Jan 4, 2010.

1. oldmangoodwrench

oldmangoodwrench New Member

Looking for a possible bulletin or related problem with my '99 Chev Silverado. The battery charge is draining after setting for several days. Battery is new, 3rd within a year. The only thing using electric after shut-of is a diode in my, "Brake Force" trailer brake controler, which is aftermarket and has worked great for 3 years.

2. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you here! Are you pulling a trailer everyday? If not, try disconnecting the brake controller, and see if it still does it. When I bought my Tahoe the vanity mirror was broke on the passenger side, allowing the lights to be on all the time. I happened to see it one night after I locked it. I fixed it, and my battery has been fine every since. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

3. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts GMTC Sponsor

4. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!