99 Silverado Front Bench Seat Swap

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Geister, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Geister

Geister Rockstar

Anyone know if the bolts line up? Ive got a 99 silverado extended cab and was thinking about throwing a bench seat up front and getting rid of the center console and all. Would that work or not?

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Not sure but measure the outside rails. Truck widths are all the same so not sure why it wouldn'twouldn't

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Pretty sure the bolts are all there from the factory regardless of the package you get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Pretty sure the bolts would like up. I would look into the split bench 40/60 I believe. You would have the flip down center console. I might look into that swap later down the road.

5. Geister

Geister Rockstar

Im gonna head to a scrapyard probably next week and find out for sure. If It works Ill post a write up or something for the future, the only ones Ive seen are for tahoes and burbans

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

As mentioned by the Member's above, the Bench Seat should Bolt Right-up.....below is
    from another Chevy/GM Forum....but its a Front Bench To Front Bucket Seats,W/Center Console Swap, this is from another Chevy/GM Forum.....maybe these pictures can help with your Seat Swap.....and the member that did this Swap, expressed that the Front Bucket Seats bolted right-up, with no Problems/Issues.

Before:
    [​IMG]

During:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow. Nice pics.

8. Geister

Geister Rockstar

Awesome find! Thanks!

9. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your Welcome.....:great:

10. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Looks like it was basically a matter of switching out the center section