99 silverado fuel pump Qs

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by buckwild, Dec 11, 2012.

1. buckwild

buckwild New Member

is there a way to tell which pump I need with out dropping the tank or lifting the bed? Its calling for a TCF or TCU.

- - - Updated - - -

im asking this because locally they run from $260-320 and online i see them for $150-200 for the same part. I just dont want to do it twice to replace it once

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Is that an rpo number? Is that number located on the label in your glove box? From multiple past posts, many people recommend only using a Delphi or AC delco pump. The aftermarket pumps have a poor record.

3. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would suspect that the pump is based on engine size. I also agree storngly to go with Delco or Delphi for the pump, lest there shall be much sadness later.

4. buckwild

buckwild New Member

the tCF OR TCU is on all replacement pumps, one has 1 connector and the other has 2

5. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

my guess is you need an MU1613 fuel pump this is the tcf which is a vehicle with fuel tank evap emissions controls.

ALWAYS USE YOUR VIN # TO PURCHASE THE CORRECT FUEL PUMP !

cost for the ac delco / delphi is about $200-250.oo

airtex stay away .

with the pick up remove the bed 8 bolts. use a penitrating oil first. then disconnect the fuel filler. then tilt bed or best remove the bumper to frame bolts. then lift BED up 2 inches to remove bumper . slide bed back about 18 inches for pump access. blow off wash off all debris . spray lube on lock ring then release lock tab and unscrew lock ring. the lines come off easy. the connectors may require replacing to match the new pump. with emissions 2 connectors because on is to the pressure sensor. [fuel cap code p0449]

6. buckwild

buckwild New Member

how do you use you vin number to find a pump?

7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

PM your VIN. I will let you know the GM part #