Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

'99 Silverado headlight issue.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Sinner13, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Sinner13

Sinner13 New Member

Everytime I turn my truck on the headlights come on regardless if it's sunny or pitch black outside. My DRLs NEVER come on and yes ... the bulbs are new. I can disable the headlights if I push the park brake in a notch or 2 before I start her up. But I don't feel comfortable leaving the park brake engaged while I drive. I am assuming my DRL sensor is inop. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

2. GOTSAND4ME2

GOTSAND4ME2 Rockstar

Hi there,
    Is it possible the little dome sensor on the center of your dash by the window is covered up with a dash mat or something of the sort???

Could be a bad sensor (dont know how much it would be to replace)

3. spencer

spencer New Member

if you shine a very bright light on the sensor, with the vehicle in gear and the e-brake off, the drls should turn on.