'99 Silverado ---No Flashers

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by FergusonT, Jan 8, 2013.

1. FergusonT

FergusonT Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

The other day I am hauling some straw/hay from down the road and I am running with the hazards on. Sometime down the road the hazards stop, no turn signals either. I check all the fuses and replace a couple that were blown, don't even remember what they were for but they were unrelated to the flashers.

I also replaced the flasher relay today, still nothing. Multi function switch. The cruise, wipers, brights, all the lights work fine. Just no turn signals/hazards.

Luckily I have all back roads to work, but I do get the occasional county boy behind me.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually now I remember replacing a 10amp fuse with a 20 amp fuse, something to do with trailer lights. So maybe that fried the multi function switch.

2. FergusonT

anybody have any thoughts?

3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Could be the switch, but check all your grounds too.

4. FergusonT

When I was underneath the dash I noticed a lot of stuff was loose under there. When I got the truck it had a trailer brake controller hooked up, and it looks like maybe they took a lot of stuff apart underneath when they installed it. Doesn't really look like it i was put back together right.

5. Project1

Project1 Rockstar 100 Posts

Sounds like it might be the switch i had a ranger that did that