'99 Silverado ---No Flashers

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by FergusonT, Jan 8, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. FergusonT

FergusonT New Member 100 Posts

The other day I am hauling some straw/hay from down the road and I am running with the hazards on. Sometime down the road the hazards stop, no turn signals either. I check all the fuses and replace a couple that were blown, don't even remember what they were for but they were unrelated to the flashers.

I also replaced the flasher relay today, still nothing. Multi function switch. The cruise, wipers, brights, all the lights work fine. Just no turn signals/hazards.

Luckily I have all back roads to work, but I do get the occasional county boy behind me.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually now I remember replacing a 10amp fuse with a 20 amp fuse, something to do with trailer lights. So maybe that fried the multi function switch.
  2. FergusonT

anybody have any thoughts?
  3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Could be the switch, but check all your grounds too.
  4. FergusonT

When I was underneath the dash I noticed a lot of stuff was loose under there. When I got the truck it had a trailer brake controller hooked up, and it looks like maybe they took a lot of stuff apart underneath when they installed it. Doesn't really look like it i was put back together right.
  5. Project1

Project1 New Member 100 Posts

Sounds like it might be the switch i had a ranger that did that