Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

99 Silverado Suspension question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Randomsoleil, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Randomsoleil

Randomsoleil New Member

since this is for a stock Z71 i didnt think this was fit for the lifted suspension thread. My question though is that I need to replace the shocks in my stock 99 Silverado. It is 4wd with the z71 factory suspension. I dont really need a true off road shock as it sees more hwy miles than anything else but i do take a few roads less traveled every now and then. any sugestions
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Shock Most Often mentioned, here is this Site, is Bilstein....also some of the other shocks to look at are, Edelbrock, Monroe and Rancho to name a few.

3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

For a long time Bilsteins were factory shocks for GM trucks and SUVs, but they recently got a better deal with Rancho. From experience the Bilsteines will run you about 70+ per shock. others are cheaper, but some lack quality. Just make sure you get what you have researched and found to be best for you and read reviews those are very important.
  4. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

my 2000 SIL 4X4 has the bilstiens . all my vehicles have the bilstiens. they have a good ride for normal on road use which is what I need. slightly more stiffness than the OEM shocks. purchased this vehicle from day one 5 miles .

you can get cheaper shocks but I doubt they will last as long as these.