1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

99 sonoma fuel issue

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by hummerman24, Apr 18, 2013.

1. hummerman24

hummerman24 New Member

I have a 99 sonoma with a 4.3 v6 and 180,000 miles on it. The truck starts then dies one to five seconds later. When I depress the foot throttle the truck dies instantly. I think I have finally narrowed down to the fuel system because i put fuel in the intake and it ran for 30 seconds. The pressure is at 60 psi and drops to about 56 after the truck dies so I don't think its a leak or the fuel pump. Any help is appreciated.

2. stratct

stratct New Member

Fuel filter first then try the pump. Sounds like a plugged filter.

3. 09mgray

09mgray Member 1 Year

eather a Plugged filter or i kno on my Sonoma if Any of the Air Intake is Alittle Loose it HATES to run or wont even start 4.3 Vortex is a very picky engine