Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

99 Sonoma runs for a few secs then dies

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by hummerman24, Mar 30, 2013.

1. hummerman24

hummerman24 New Member

A while ago I bought a running 99 Sonoma with a 4.3 v6 engine in it. It ran great but then I discovered it had water running in it instead of antifreeze, so I immediately drained it and got ready to flush it, but didn't get around to finishing the job until two weeks later. When I tried to run some flush through the system, I found that the engine didn't start. The engine actually dieseled backwards for a few seconds when I attempted to start it. I thought that was odd because it had ran fine two weeks earlier. To make a long story short, I replaced the coil, then replaced the distributor. After I put the new distributor in, the engine actually turned over and ran for a few seconds. I did some research and found I probably had a fuel system issue, but then tested the pressure and found it was at a steady 60 psi. Right now I really don't have any idea what to do next. I don't think it's the timing chain because it starts and runs but I have no idea. If anyone has some tips, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Oh, One thing I forgot to mention is that the coil arcs after the engine dies but I have replaced the coil already.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have an orange spark instead of blue.
  2. Landascott3

Landascott3 New Member

Ignition control module