1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

99 Sononma 2.2L Electrical issues

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by shockwavepball, Dec 5, 2013.

1. shockwavepball

shockwavepball New Member

Hey guys, I own a sonoma and it has been my daily driver for the past 10 years and at 244k miles, I have not had any problems. Just recently I started having issues getting her started and the problem has been intermitent. When I get into the truck, the dome light and my accessory lights all turn on, but as soon as I turn the key, there is a click (sounds like a starter with a dying battery) and I lose all lights. I have had issues recently and ended up pulling the battery to find my possitive terminal was coroded and it was affecting the connection. Now that that is fixed, the issue is still intermitent and the only way to get my truck started some days is to jiggle the battery until I hear my "Keys in ignition" bell, hop in the truck and she fires up strong like im used to er doin. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is becoming quite annoying. Thanks in advance.

Nick
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sounds like you might need some new battery cables, they do go bad and especially with how many miles you have on your truck.