Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

99 suburban 5.7 starter trouble

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by joefish, Mar 14, 2010.

1. joefish

joefish New Member

My 99 suburban has sat for two weeks without running. The weather was in the 40's and the snow melted, very humid and foggy. I tried to start it and all it would do is turn over. Then the starter went out. I've got a new starter and installed it. I also took off the distributer cap and dried it out good, as I think that may be my primary trouble spot. BUT, now I want to hook up the power and as soon as I touch the battery terminal with the battery cables, the starter goes and the motor turns over, but the starter keeps running AND the worst part is the keys are not in the ignition and the ingition is in the "off" position. While it was sitting, there was nothing out of the norm. When I tried to start it the first time, also normal--in that I turned the key in the ignition and so on and when I turned the key back to the "off" position, everything was off. Now as soon as I hook up the battery, the starter goes and doesn't stop. Any help?? Thanks in advance.

Troubled in Green Bay, WI.
    Joefish