99 Suburban CD player Err

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by dalkoga61, Dec 21, 2008.

1. dalkoga61

dalkoga61 New Member

Aint' nuthin' wrong with the radio, but the CD player sometimes only plays a few songs if it's sitting still. But most times it spits out the CD (even new ones) and I get "Err" on the display. Somebody told me there might be a reset button on the back, which means pulling it out of the dashboard. Never had that problem with the 78 Nova's 8-track.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I am not aware of any Reset Button on the back of the radio and I do not have the owners manual in front of me about "ERR" in the CD players, but I can check and post back. I am however, very aware of the 8-Track player, the match box to keep it from double tracking, so it had some flaws also.....:rofl:

Jeff

3. dalkoga61

dalkoga61 New Member

Thanks, I'll check back.

4. DemoMatt3

DemoMatt3 Member

Run a lens clean though it, I had that problem on my 98, I cleaned it a few times and it got better then CD player died about 6 months later. is the CD player part of the radio or is it lower in the dash? with the remote units there was a connection on the back that would come loose and send that error

5. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Good question! Forgot to ask if it had the seperate unit, the harnesses are short on them...

Jeff

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

there is no reset and your player is shot, sorry to say, sure you can clean it but it is toast start saving, or if you have the remote cd player and a tape deck in the actual radio i might just sell you mine.

7. StillMatic

StillMatic Rockstar 100 Posts

My cd player said the same thing. One day it was playing and the next day it went dead. I just ran my iPod through the cassette player. Even though now, I have a new head unit, i may try to find a DVD player to put in the cd players spot and install a flip down in the ceiling or something.

8. dalkoga61

dalkoga61 New Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll check them out. The radio and tape player are on top and the CD slot is below, looks to be all part of the same unit.

9. THier

THier Member

If you want,, I have my CD player from my 96,, worked fine when I pulled it last month. PM me if interested.

Tom