1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

99 Suburban headlights?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by waffle, May 6, 2012.

1. waffle

waffle New Member

I was thinking about getting some HID lights for my truck. Was wondering what i should get and where can i get them?
  2. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I don't plan on changing to HID, but I will say the 90's era suburban headlights aren't very bright.
  3. waffle

waffle New Member

Yeah i dont like how dim they are, so i plan on changing them to something else?
  4. Naptime

Naptime Rockstar 100 Posts

If your headlights are old and foggy, you might be better served by getting some new headlights.
    I wouldn't waste time or money trying to "restore" them. They show up on ebay dirt cheap.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Someone did a write up about HID lights. If you search the forum I am sure that you will find it. Have you considered projection headlights? People have said that non OEM installed HID lights are illegal in most states, the police can impound your vehicle for having them installed. I don't know anyone that it has happened to, but it may be possible.
  6. waffle

waffle New Member

Any good off road/driving lights that are $100 or less?