99 suburban horn wire

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by c-lo777, Apr 4, 2009.

1. c-lo777

c-lo777 New Member

I am hoping someone out there can help me out. I'm installing a train horn in my 99 Suburban and need to locate the horn wire in the steering column, after several tries with a power tester and my useless manual I can't figure out which color wire it is. Please let me know. Thanks!

Christian

2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I am out of town right now and don't have access to my files, but if you don't have an answer when i get back, i will let uou know.

Oh, and welcome to the site.

3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site

4. GaryL

From what I can tell, there are 2 wires for the horn, an orange one and a dark green one. I think the one you want to connect to is the dark green wire.

5. nhenson1

nhenson1 New Member

the wire is BLACK and it's located at the steering column. It's a negative trigger wire, so it will read 12V in the rest position, and ground when you press the horn switch.

6. c-lo777

c-lo777 New Member

Can't locate horn wire, please help!

After pricking about 20 wires in my steering column and reading through my repair manuals, I still cannot locate the horn wire on my 99 Suburban. does anyone know which color wire it is! Please let me know. Thanks :)

7. GaryL

This was answered in your first post, so I merged the threads.

8. nhenson1

nhenson1 New Member

it's black - in the group of wires that run to the steering wheel from the column