Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

99 suburban horn wire

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by c-lo777, Apr 4, 2009.

1. c-lo777

c-lo777 New Member

I am hoping someone out there can help me out. I'm installing a train horn in my 99 Suburban and need to locate the horn wire in the steering column, after several tries with a power tester and my useless manual I can't figure out which color wire it is. Please let me know. Thanks!

Christian

2. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I am out of town right now and don't have access to my files, but if you don't have an answer when i get back, i will let uou know.

Oh, and welcome to the site.

3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site

4. GaryL

From what I can tell, there are 2 wires for the horn, an orange one and a dark green one. I think the one you want to connect to is the dark green wire.

5. nhenson1

nhenson1 New Member

the wire is BLACK and it's located at the steering column. It's a negative trigger wire, so it will read 12V in the rest position, and ground when you press the horn switch.

6. c-lo777

c-lo777 New Member

Can't locate horn wire, please help!

After pricking about 20 wires in my steering column and reading through my repair manuals, I still cannot locate the horn wire on my 99 Suburban. does anyone know which color wire it is! Please let me know. Thanks :)

7. GaryL

This was answered in your first post, so I merged the threads.

8. nhenson1

nhenson1 New Member

it's black - in the group of wires that run to the steering wheel from the column