1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

99 Tahoe - High Volume Blower Motor Available?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Smartin, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Smartin

Smartin New Member

I've pulled the entire AC/Heater box apart trying to find a restriction in this system. All speeds work, but it doesn't seem to blow very hard. I have several GM trucks from 2003-2008, and they will blow the hat off my head. Is the 99 just that much weaker? It's like half the power of one of our newer trucks.

I've made sure all air doors open and close properly.

Evaporator core is clear on both sides.

I don't want to spend $50-75 on a new blower motor unless I know that is the problem, or if there is a higher power motor out there, I'll get that.
  2. Smartin

Smartin New Member

Screw it...sold the Tahoe and bought a Yukon! This one has a working air conditioner AND headlights.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, that was fast. :) What did you more to, the 95 Yukon in your siggy?
  4. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

HIS posts count didn't go up either what kind of freaky voodo magic is this first the yukon shows up in his post before he bought it:gasp:
  5. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

LOL:lol::sign0020:
  6. Smartin

Smartin New Member

I'm just that good...

Lovin' the "new" Yukon....

40420_430659107864_503012864_4777995_5211373_n.jpg [​IMG]
  7. rodny26

rodny26 New Member

Hey, well since he sold it before any information rolled in, I have the same problem with my 96 suburban. The fan just doesn't seem to blow strong enough. On the highest setting it feels almost like step 2 compared to my other suv. On its highest setting I can barely feel it on my face. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
  8. Smartin

Smartin New Member

I never tried this, but someone mentioned to me that the blower might possibly be running backwards if the two wires going to it were switched. Try swapping them. Of course, I sold the Tahoe before they ever told me, so I have no idea if this holds water.
  9. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had the same problem with my '99 Silverado. It was the cabin filter under the glove box. I put a new one in, and it worked great after that! I'm not sure if my Tahoe has one, but mine is working for now. I will check on this to see if I have one! Hope this helps!
  10. Smartin

Smartin New Member

I had the entire dash/box apart on my Tahoe...no cabin filter. That was the first thing I looked for. I'm not sure about the Suburban, though.