1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

A/C always blows?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by MWright936, May 20, 2008.

1. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have an issue that I've ignored because I thought it was normal, but the more I think about it, the more it doesn't seem right. I have the manual dual climate control air conditioning system in my truck, and when I have it turned off, it still blows a little through the vents while I'm moving. It isn't "conditioned" air...it's just like the vent, and the faster I go, the harder it blows. Is this normal, or is something not closing off all the way?? :neutral:

2. FireRed

FireRed Rockstar 100 Posts

I believe the more you dig into this issue you find it is just the "Flow through ventilation" which is mandatory for quite some years now.

Phil

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Normal and you can still adjust where you want it to flow, I always like it on my feet:great:

4. crane3447

crane3447 Rockstar 100 Posts

my '04 does the samething. Works great up here in the sping and fall with the heater. Just the right amount heat with turning on the fan.

5. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks for the reassurance guys! I feel better now :) I can see the benefits in this, but when it's humid outside...which in SE Texas is almost ALWAYS...I've gotta turn on the A/C to keep the humid air from blowing into the truck. Oh well.

6. FireRed

FireRed Rockstar 100 Posts

Did some time in Fla which was also very humid, use the button that recycles the air that makes a big difference.

Phil