A/C Blower Motor wont work on high!!!!

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by thegeniusguy, Aug 8, 2011.

1. thegeniusguy

thegeniusguy New Member

Im having problems with the a/c blower motor, first i thought that it was the motor resistor or the motor relay so i replaced both of them, and that did not fix the problem so i replaced the switch in the a/c control module and to my surprise that did not fixed either so im out of options....i dont know what to do, any suggestions? It works in all other positions except for the high...

Make: Chevrolet
    Model: 1500 Silverado
    Year: 1997

Parts Replaced:
    Fan blower switch
    fan motor relay
    fan motor resistor....

thank you...

2. jreagan

jreagan Rockstar

Have you used a voltmeter to see if you are getting power to the resistors/blowermotor when switch is in high? Broken wire?

3. MY97CHEVY

MY97CHEVY New Member

This may sound funny. But i did the same thing this week. The switch is working from off to high. Sometimes it misses high, noticed the back of my knob is cracked and it sometimes slips.

4. alberto3a

alberto3a New Member

Im having the same problem, the fan is not working on high. How do you solve this without replacing the control unit? i heard that the module is expensive.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Can you hear the relay click when you go to high?

6. alberto3a

alberto3a New Member

In my case, i don't hear a click from the relay. Although the fan stops working on high, the a/c indicator remains lit.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If the relay isn't clicking, it isn't working. Which is of course why you don't have high speed. Could be the relay, the switch, or the wiring in between. Shouldn't be too difficult to figure out with a voltmeter