1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A/C Blower Stuck In Defrost....Help???

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Oakley10289, May 4, 2010.

1. Oakley10289

Oakley10289 New Member

i have a 2004 Chevy Silverado xtra cab 2wd 5.3 with the dual climate control and i have full fan up to setting 5 but its stuck or something blowing though the windshield defrost vent and cant get it though the dash or floor please help with any advice or where to turn thanks.....
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

your blend doors arent working if it wont turn from defrost to vents
  3. Oakley10289

Oakley10289 New Member

where do i find them to check it out and to fix this problem thank you
  4. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

their are several blend doors. you'll have to take our the hvac box to get to all of them. some you can see by sticking your head under the dash. watch the top of the actuators while switching the settings so you can see the square hole move. if not you can stick a 1/4" ratchet in there and manualy turn the door

disconnect your battery and let the truck sit for a few min. had alot of those concerns in wich re-setting the computer fixd it. alot of times the actuators will "loose" the door positions

test for signal and pwr at the actuator before replacing it to make sure your control head isnt bad
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
  5. Oakley10289

Oakley10289 New Member

i did the battery trick and it cycles though all the vents one at a time full boar, the its goes to the dash vents and sits for about 10 sec....then goes back to the window defrost vent, so would that mean my control is shot because every thing works on it the fan speed and hot or cold, all except the position knob......