a/c condensation

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by oletrkguy, Aug 25, 2010.

Newest Photos

1. oletrkguy

oletrkguy New Member

I have a 1984 Silverado and from what I can tell some of the condensation is leaking into the passenger side floor board. I don't think it is from the heater core because the water is cold.
    Anyone ever have this situation before?
    How difficult it is to get to the area that may cause this? Also how difficult is it to get to the heater core?
    Thanks for the help,
    oletrkguy in SC
  2. RVJ

RVJ Member 100 Posts

Find the drain where the water should be draining out and use a wet vac to suck the blockage from the drain tube. This will allow the water to drain out the hose as originally designed.
  3. oletrkguy

oletrkguy New Member

Thanks for the reply, I will give that a try.
  4. oletrkguy

oletrkguy New Member

I could not find a drain hose. It looks like the a/c tubes run into a large box that bolts to the firewall, but no drain tubes sticking down. I wonder if there is something inside of the box that is clogged. I am not famliliar with what is actually inside the box
  5. RVJ

RVJ Member 100 Posts

There is somewhere a place, a hole or an opening where the water should drain to the ground. When your truck is running with the a/c running do you see any water dripping to the ground? If so that is where to put your wet vac.