1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

a/c diagram layout anybody as 1 ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by loic, May 2, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. loic

loic New Member

I have a leak in my a/c, I cant afford to bring it to a mech to get it fix. I would need a diagram of the a/c layout where it shows all the "plumbing" could somebody post it for me ?

thanks !
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Year, make, model.
  3. loic

loic New Member

sry, for sure it would help....

99 tahoe LT 4x4
  4. murdog94

Do you have rear A/C???
  5. loic

loic New Member

on the ceiling there is the rear a/c .
  6. murdog94

Well sadly i dont have any way to talk you thru the rear A/C and that is most likely where your leak is. All chevy SUvs with rear A/C are notorious for failure to the rear. I am thinking there is someone who has that diagram.
  7. loic

loic New Member

last time I refilled the a/c cuz it was cold enough, then I noticed the rear was nice and cold and the front about 2/3 as cold as the rear. I didn't used the truck for a couple days, both are warm. the freon is gone. I looked inside the engine compartment for leaks ( the refill is a glow in the dark yeloowish color) but didn't see anything. ( I may have missed it, it's possible..)
  8. murdog94

As i said there are lines that run to the rear of the truck, and that is 99% of the time where the leaks come from. They dry rot and or else loose their seal.
  9. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

family has owned four suburbans and rear air and never a leak in the rear lines. there have been lots fo posts on hear about the suburbans and hoes with the rear air and I have never been apart of a conversation that the rear air unit was the fault. Most leaks come from faulty valves or seals in the compressor. I just had mine replaced at 1000 bucks for the parts and labor. Something like this you really dont wanna just guess at it. The cheapiest way to diagnose is get the freon that has the dye in it and get the special flashlight for it, if there is a leak it will be seen with that pen. but my guess would be the compressor is shot.
    Last edited: May 2, 2010
  10. murdog94

See im not arguing with you here i have had to replace the AC lines on my buddies 2000 Suburban and then the lines on a 1999 Tahoe.. I am not saying that it is the lines... Just from my experience and from what i had read.. I am not saying to replace them. Charging it with the UV dye would be the best place to start. Thanks for adding the extras that i was obviously missing vncj96..
    And if you dont mind me asking why didnt you just replace the compressor yourself and have a shop put a vacume on it??? NO offiense i just dont like to pay a shop unless i absolutely have to.