A/C evap freezing up after 50 miles on highway

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by cybor462, May 15, 2017.

1. Differently

Differently Active Member 100 Posts

Gotcha. Sorry to hear that. Maybe call another dealer and ask how much to replace the thermistor. Tell them your out of warranty and see what they say as far as labor.

2. cybor462

cybor462 New Member

That was exactly what I was thinking of doing. I do not know how I can say a 2016 is out of warranty. That is what is holding me back from doing that. I may still try to call and not mention warranty. See what they say.

3. cybor462

cybor462 New Member

Sorry for my tone but this whole mess has me fired up. I have to work with this dealer because they are the only ones close enough. My thought, knowledge is power and if I go in there this Friday (next appointment) knowing the answer to my question, if I am right and if they lied I can use that to negotiate to get a real repair. Heck they would not even give me a loaner for the 3 day loss of my truck, they made me rent a car. They even were going to leave me stranded at the dealer when I dropped it off. Did not want to let the shuttle driver get me home. If you can believe it this is the second vehicle I bought from them in 2 years...I bought a Kia Soul yeah they seem to have all the dealers wrapped up.......I know I am not too smart.

I have been searching online and so far I have not been able to find the answer.

RayVoy likes this.
  4. Differently

I'm gonna pull it up In all data and see what it says. I'll post back later on with my findings.

5. Differently

According to all data and Mitchell there is indeed a access panel on the driver side next to the gas pedal.

RayVoy likes this.
  6. cybor462

cybor462 New Member

Differently....thanks a bunch for doing this. Good thing to know they dont have to tear dash apart. If they changed it I guess they need to keep looking. I got a call today and they said I am getting a real loaner this time. Now I hope they fix it.
    Will post back after I get it back.
    Thanks everyone for your help.

RayVoy and Differently like this.
  7. Differently

No problem. Keep us updated with the fix.