1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

A/C Fan Blower

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mofireman, Sep 26, 2009.

1. mofireman

mofireman New Member

Hi All,

New here and have a question.

My 2003 Silverado only blows air/heat on 4 or 5 now, not on 1,2, or 3 anymore. What do I need, where should I look to get one, and what advice do you have for me?

Thanks, MoFire

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Cant tell you exactly where it is, but its a resistor for the blower, happens on alot of vehicles. There has been some others talking about the last couple days, just search for "blower motor" or "fan resistor" or something very close to that

3. Bluewater

Bluewater Rockstar

fan

Sounds just like what my 03 did. It is located under the dash on the passenger side near where your feet go. The new resistor will not look like the old one but don't worry it has been updated. This really easy to do and save you $$$ over a dealer doing it. Good luck.

4. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Rockstar 100 Posts

If you need a chevy truck parts I would check out the guys at www.gmpartsclub.com they seem to be very helpful and good prices compared to your local dealer. Hope you get the problem fixed and can do it yourself, save some bucks.

5. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

hi Welcome to the site. i have the same thing on my colorado 04. check the wires under the glove box. if a person buts there feet up there it mores the wires. just turn the motor on and more the wires around and see if it comes on. ralph

6. mofireman

mofireman New Member

Thanks you all. I will check the area below the glove box here in a few.

Respectfully, MoFire