A/C going....

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by vncj96, Jun 14, 2009.

1. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

I must have a leak, has anyone used anything that works really well to help detect leaks?
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member

if you have every had it charged at a shop and they put dye in it a UV light will help make the dye stand out
  3. daddytech

daddytech New Member

advance has a kit that you inject into the cooling systems that are leaking down to detect the leaks with now not sure how much it is but i saw it for sale there yesterday while i was in there terrorizing the manager and floor help.
  4. ct9a

ct9a New Member

Yeah, you should be able to pick up a recharge kit for fairly cheap. The last one a friend of mine got came with a pen light that detects the dye in the recharge stuff.
  5. daddytech

daddytech New Member

yeah the pen light usually has a colored lense that just picks up the dye as it seaps out , just gotta be sure that you go over every bit of the cooling system.
  6. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

I had an extra 1/3 can or so of recharge for the a/c and the rear air works perfect but the front air is still warm, the system is full after the recharge, so now am wondering if one of the componets is shot for the a/c