Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

A/C Help PLEASE! - 2004 silverado 2500hd

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jlbf0786, Jun 9, 2012.

1. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 Member

My A/C is not blowing air at all from the main front dash vents, HOWEVER.. It is blowing out cold air from the sides of the dash near fuse panel!
    I want to buy the right part so I need some experienced opinions here please.

I put the a/c on high and nothing comes out, it eventually starts making a slight clicking noise..
    The heat works great and blows from all main and side vents, but no cold air what so ever.

Is this the door actuator ?
    Or is it another part ?

Any help here is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance fellas

-j barringer

2. Chris Miller

Chris Miller Rockstar 100 Posts

Sounds like the door actuator to me. They often make a clicking sound like that when they go bad. It was even more pronounced in the 88-94 models.

3. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 Member

Thanks for your feedback!
    Unfortunately it was a little bit too late by the time I seen it..
    ..I got so aggravated that I took the part back to advance auto and got a refund!

Theres 3 different actuators and I wasn't sure which 1 to even start looking for.

But I appreciate it alot , thank you again