1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A/C tensioner pulley

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by GSXR-Freak, Feb 14, 2010.

1. GSXR-Freak

GSXR-Freak New Member

So, I picked up a 1999 1500 with a 4.8 automatic.
    I knew I was in for some work with the price of the truck and I am good with that. But I am having a hard time finding the A/C tensioner pulley listed on any of the normal websites I would buy parts (napa, kragen or pepboys). I did find one that looks like it might be used for both the drive and the a/c, but I am not 100% sure. I would rather have the part in hand when I start to repair.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

John
  2. Gambit

Gambit Rockstar 100 Posts

wait the 4.8 doesnt have a serpentine?
  3. GSXR-Freak

GSXR-Freak New Member

Nope. The sticker on the radiator shroud confirms that this truck does not use a single belt.

I can see where the belt should be and when spinning the compressor it feels ok, when I spin the pulley, I can feel how bad the bearing is inside it. Also the free play on it.

If anyone knows... Thanks.

John
  4. siewl123

siewl123 New Member

pulley

if you have not had luck there's two tensioner pulleys on mine one for the serpentine belt and then a separate belt just for the ac the tensioner fo that should be right next to the ac pump on the bottom left if you looking at the front of the vehicle. and they should be the same