1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

A/C trouble

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by BajaMark, Jul 6, 2008.

1. BajaMark

BajaMark Member

My 99 Silverado with 115,000 miles is experiencing some air conditioning problems. Normally this wouldnt bother me, but its hotter then I like outside. The A/C does not blow out of the driver side vent closest to the driver door. I was told to check the blend motor, but it doesnt come out of the floor vent and dash vents. Im completly lost and don't know anything about a/c units. I appreciate the help

2. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

you were told correctly. the blend door motor maybe your issue. it is easy to check just swap the air direction floor-dash-defrost and watch to see if the motor is changing the door. if it is moving the motor might be goos and the tab on the door is broken.........mike