Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

A couple C6500 problems

Discussion in 'Medium-duty Truck Forum' started by jimstrucks, Feb 1, 2014.

1. jimstrucks

jimstrucks New Member

I am new here and would like to thank everyone in advance on what seems to be a pretty good board.

I have a 2003 GMC C6500 w a cat 3126 that has a couple issues
    1- the glow plug/intake heater light stays on I took it to a shop that does a little medium duty work and they said something about one side of the intake heater solenoid having power and the other had no power. We have an oil boom here now and you can't get much help from the parts department at the CAT dealer as they are all kids. So I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of this problem.

2- The oil gauge on the dash reads 40 psi but the ecm reads 6 psi, are there 2 oil sending units? This makes the maint req light light up.

3- The check engine light is on and I don't have a code reader for these bigger trucks is there a way to get into a diagnostic mode to flash a code with the CEL.

Thanks to all I would really appreciate the help.

Jimmy