1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A couple questions about AC in 02 silverado 1500hd

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by zleviticus, Jan 11, 2010.

1. zleviticus

zleviticus New Member

i have a couple questions one is fairly easy and the other may prove difficult.

I have a 02 1500HD silverado crew cab. What is the best service guide for diagrams and such on how to do things like take the dash apart and such?

Now the hard one:

a couple weeks ago the vent control stopped working. I think it may be a stuck vent or somethign else. It is currently stuck on defrost (whcih is ok since it si cold as heck right now.) when i switch to front, floor., etc nothing happens. I notice that the center of the dash pops up some after a period of time. Right where the center defrost vent is. It Literally bows up. I think it is related to the ac\heat issue. I know and fear i will have to take the dash apart to fix it. I did not know if the vent is mechanical with a motor actuator or not.

thanks for any help you can provide.