Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

A few questions about my new 2003 Yukon XL 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by stubble, Aug 13, 2010.

1. stubble

stubble New Member

Hi all,

New owner of a 2003 Yukon XL 2500 4WD SLT. I have a few questions:

1. There's a sound like a small electric motor when I turn the key on, that seems like it's coming from mid to rear of the truck. It just turned up this morning, I haven't heard it in the last week. It comes on with the key, engine running or not. It lasts until I turn the key off, when it winds down and stops. The climate control is turned off front and rear.

2. I don't seem to be getting 12v power from the 7-pin trailer connector's charge line. Is there something I need to install to enable this?

3. The previous owner installed an AUX input in the dash using some sort of adapter device interfaced to the head unit, but I haven't been able to figure out how to use it. The head unit is the stock 6CD changer with XM radio. Any ideas on what might have been installed before I open up the dash to look at the device?

4. Is there a way to have the fogs come on with the headlights?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTruckClub! As for your problems, you might get more help in the different sections within the list of forums. Are sure the "fan noise" you have is not the electric fuel pump? The "Aux input" is probably for your I-Pod or other MP3 player. Good luck!

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The small elec. sound is most likely the fuel pump. If you just started to hear it maybe the fuel filter is getting glogged and needs to be replaced.

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

X2 on that...

5. stubble

stubble New Member

Thanks. I bet you're right. The next day I couldn't hear it. I'll look at the fuel filter.

I figured out the trailer thing: There was a red blank fuse in "Stud#1", the blank labeled "B+". I put a 40A fuse in and bingo, 12v power at the 7-pin.

Also figured out the AUX thing, sorta: The device is a DPX GM12-AUXV2. It's operated by select XM and then switching it on and off by going to CH 1 and selecting up and down while track up / track down. This toggles the bypass, and the AUX works great. However XM pulls in no audio. The radio activated and got the channel listing, but says "no signal". I presume the aux device is the culprit. For now I'm content with a line-in. Sounds great.

6. Cragreen10

Cragreen10 New Member

I have a 2011 GMC Yukon... The radio keeps jumping from fm to Aux Input D and back again and is driving the nuts!! Is there a way to turn on and off the Aux input

7. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Cragreen10,

Oh no! I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with the radio in your vehicle. I cannot give any technical advice but I would like to look into this for you. Please private message if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care