Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A few questions about my truck!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mitch4x4, Sep 2, 2013.

1. mitch4x4

mitch4x4 New Member

Hello everyone, I have just picked up a 2004 sliverado 1500 4x4 the other day. I got a smoken deal on it because it needed a few things. Anyways, the brake lines under the drivers door are rotted, and one blew. It seems to be a common problem on these trucks in the salt belt. Anyways, I was wondering what would be better, buying a pre made brake line kit and doing it myself or just taking it into a shop. I don't mind spending the money to have it fixed, as I try to take care of my rigs. Next problem is, it has a gas leak, from the top of the tank. And only when running, any ideas what that maybe? Thanks in advance!
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You get a lot of salt up there? Or just from the snow removal?

Welcome to the site.
  3. mitch4x4

mitch4x4 New Member

We get lots of salt on the roads up here during the winter. And lots of snow.
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:To The Site.....regarding the Front Brake Lines, here's a diagram(Front-End)to give some idea on what how the lines are routed, so you could see if you wanted to do the installed or have a shop do it??........also if its with-in your budget, this may be a good time to replaced all 4 the Factory Rubber Brakes Lines, and going with Braided Stainless Steel Brake Lines??

Edit:.....Number's #4 and #23 are the Brake-Lines.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If your gas leak is only while it is running I would think that you have a leak at a fuel line above the tank or one of the connectors connecting the lines to the fuel pump. You will have to drop the tank and investigate. Maybe someone dropped the tank a little to try to fix the brake line and cracked a fuel line.