A good day of fishing on the river by Lake Superior!

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by murdog94, Apr 18, 2011.

1. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This morning i went up fishing for a couple of hours before i had to be to work, and caught 2 fish the first was a steelhead about 5lbs. I had to return that one since in MN it is illegal to keep a steelhead. The second was a Kamaloop trout (planted steelhead) there are two in the picture. the one on the left is the one i caught about 5lbs or so and the top is the one my dad caught. Not to bad for 2 hours of fishing! i have about 4lbs or so of fresh trout to cook up!
    They are so dark because when they come up from the deepths of lake superior and into warmer water in the rivers they get darker and darker.

MIke.jpg

2. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

very nice...i need to save up some money to buy a rod and reel.....mine disappeared while i was down at fort campbell

3. Mike Hill

Mike Hill Rockstar

Really interesting,I never would have thought that Trout changed colour.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How about a couple of photos of these steelhead? It's got to be 15 years since I fished for those critters!

5. murdog94

Here is the big steel head that i caught. i didnt take any pictures of the other once since we were in a hurry to get it back into the water. She is about 7lbs...
    mike2.jpg

6. murdog94

Yeah it is fun to be able to tell how long your fish has been in the river or how long it has been in by shore. And steelhead dont change they stay just chrome all the time. but these planted and clipped fish do. Still pretty to see.
    Also the Hens change alot less than the bucks do. That is also nice so you know kinda what you have on your line in the river.

7. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Nice fish!!!!!!!!! I gota go alot more this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!