1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

a little bit of irony ....

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by reggiecab2000, Nov 15, 2013.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

So my friend max, who used to have a Honda CR-V, stuff happened, then got a 2007 silverado 1500 crew cab....
    new to trucks....
    no knowledge of vehicles....
    one of my best bros...
    need i say more???

I have already helped him go from stock to adding:
    1) 305/50/20 terra grapplers
    2) weathertech digital fit floor liners front and back
    3) rancho quick lift struts to level it
    4) alpine type R speakers
    5) reinstallation of kicker sub from CRV

blah blah blah, hes happy to have me as a friend, but im happy to work on his truck.....
    all of that just kind of a background...

long story short, he is completely blonde for a guy to have a truck, and comes to me today saying he wants my help replacing all his brake pads. I asked what happened, and it was pretty hilarious his answer....

me- "so what makes you think you needed new brake pads?"
    max- "well it feels like when im stopping theres a bump?"

after about 15 minutes of getting nothing else out of him, and calling him retarded thinking that brake pads is gonna solve his issue when he doesnt even know what is wrong.... I resort to convincing him to let me drive his truck...

a couple miles down the road I diagnose his precious little baby, with the fabulous GM CLUNK from the slip yoke :)
    and tell him to return his brake pads he wasted money on.

the end :)
  2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

lmao... I love talking to my friends/family who are completely incompetent when it comes to vehicles. Some of the best stories come out of it. My first truck was a 07 xcab 1500 with that fabulous yolk clunk... i COULD NOT STAND IT! After having the dealership re-grease it 6 times (this was apparently the only solution GM could come up with for their engineering design flaw:confused::fighting0072:) I traded off for a new TX edition.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Hope you Amped those speakers.... Good job on helping a friend out.. :great:
  4. reggiecab2000

nope! hes still looking for one to put on it, i told him he better if he wants decent sound
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Those Type R's need it.. At least 60Watts RMS.. Just tell him NOT to turn it up thinking he will get better sound TILL he gets a GOOD amp..
  6. reggiecab2000

haha trust me i have told him!

speaking of which I just received my pair of front door speakers alpine SPR-60C, which is nothing more than the perfect match for my alpine f65 amplifier (110X4 RMS), will be installing then soon hopefully!