Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

A little engine detailing

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by silverbike9, Sep 12, 2012.

1. silverbike9

silverbike9 New Member

A can of krylon for plastic . I picked silver textured to match my Silve Silerado. A roll of masking tape and a bottle of rubbing alcohol for cleaning and preping the surface . Make sure to rub the edges of the tape down good for a sharpe edge. If you goof up this paint comes off with gasoline. The bow tie was just cut out of plexiglass and painted then held down with double sided 3m tape. Cost $6.00

Attached Files:

2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Good work. It looks nice. And the engine compartment is nice and clean. What year is your truck?

3. Skippy

Skippy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Very nice! I keep mine in armor all, until hunting season (4 weeks w00t!) at which time it collects about 22 pounds of mud. Usually takes me until spring to get it all back out. :)

Nice bowtie!

-Skippy

4. silverbike9

silverbike9 New Member

2012 2 months old , I have to wash it everyday due to the EPA and construction sites always being watered to keep dust down . They don't take into account of how many cars have to washed because of them.