1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A little nervous

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Restlessone, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Restlessone

Restlessone Member

I am looking at a Silverado VMax 2008 and the carfax report makes me a little nervous.
    It was purchased new in Feb 08 into a corporate fleet in Michigan then in sold into to Canada 5 months later, from Indiana, with 4500 miles. It was owned privately till Dec 08 and driven another 6000 KM. The current reading is 10500KM. The carfax report shows nothing other than the ownership transfers.
    Am I being paranoid or does anyone else think this is strange.
  2. jlsparky7

jlsparky7 New Member

If it drives fine I wouldnt worry about it.
  3. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member

Be sure to have it checked out by a mechanic. As long as it's cleared by a mechanic I wouldn't worry too much. It's fairly common for people to keep vehicles only long enough for the new car smell to go away, then they trade em in.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I don't think that is weird, and I agree about people trading them once the new car smell goes away. We have a ton of people at work that trade vehicles as often as the seasons change, they won't even do a second oil change before they trade them in with nothing wrong with them. Or like myself I traded a PERFECT 2004 2500HD loaded with 12,000 miles, just because I saw a 2005 with a lift brand new at the dealer. That lift was enough to make me trade the 2500HD in for a 1500 Z-71, while I was signing the paperwork to transfer titles a guy came up and talked to me personally about my 2500. He turned around and bought it right there before I even transfered the title, so yeah some people just trade vehicles because they can! BTW he got it for $20,000 out the door, now that's a steal considering the sticker on my truck was $40,000!:lol:
  5. Gsquared

Gsquared New Member

I just bought a 2006 Suburban with 75k miles on it and it smells and looks like it just rolled off the factory line. I have a couple issues with noises I'm hearing but overall, very happy. My Carfax came back with an accident but lucky for me, the repair work was done at the dealership I bought it at.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

I know two people that sold or traded-in there VMAX 6.0 Silverados because they eat gas. Maybe this is why that truck has been sold so many times. It looks like they were sold when gas was over $4.00 a gallon.