Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

A lot of Criminals in NY tomarrow!!!

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by the phantom, Apr 15, 2014.

1. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

The NY governments made a lot of people into criminals starting tomarrow. Tonights the deadline for everyone in NY to register their guns according to the NY SAFE ACT. (S ecure A mmunition and F irearms E nforcement Act) They had a protest down in Buffalo, NY today where a bunch of people were shredding the registration forms through paper shredders. This law requires any rifle that is a semi-automatic (Automatics are illegal already here in NY) and has a detachable magazine and one of the following features be registered by midnight tonight.
    Does the gun have any of the following features?
    1. Folding or Telescoping stock
    2. Thumbhole stock
    3. Second handgrip or protruding grip that can be held by non shooting hand
    4. Fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds
    5. An ability to accept a detachable magazine
    6. Protruding pistol grip
    7. Bayonet mount
    8. Flash suppressor
    9. Muzzle brake
    10. Muzzle compensator
    11. Threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash supressor, muzzle brake or compensator
    12. Grenade launcher
    So even the little semi-auto plinkster 22's that hold more than 7 rounds have to be registered.
    Also shotguns that are Semi-Automatic and can hold more than 7 rounds, or take a detachable magazine, or even just have a thumb hole stock are considered "assault" type weapons also and must be registered.

If anyone caught with an un-registered "Assault" type weapon after today is punished by a Class A misdemeanor and the forfeiture of the subject gun will take place.

WHAT A CROCK OF $#!T if you ask me!!!! Luckily for me I dont own any:no::rofl:
    :grrrrrr:

2. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Gun Laws are the only way politicians know respond to violence. Beating people to death with a baseball bat has not resulted in bat registration laws, a waiting period for bat purchases or laws regulating the length weight or material of construction of a bat. Likewise hammers, shovels, rope or knives can be purchased and owned without big brother looking over your shoulder.

If a nut job chained the doors shut on a building and set it on fire with people inside, no action is taken to prevent another nut from doing the same thing. But if a gun is involved, the air bags are lining up to talk to press about the need for gun restrictions. Go figure.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Not a good day in ny state.

4. zuki82

zuki82 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Its getting where there are no good days to live here!

5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I unfortunately lost mine in a terrible boating accident:neutral:

6. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Was talking to someone that went to an informational meeting about the law and they said only 10% of the 7 million gun owners in NY registered their guns. Pistol permit ccw owners they said are even higher on the priority list to get registered.. ugghhhh....theyve already got me on the list for a permit and what guns are on it why do i have to get on another list?!!!!Makes me so damn mad!!

7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

They didnt go that far in CA. As of the first of the year all new long gun purchases had to be registered, but as of now not ones purchased prior to Jan 1.

8. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I heard the retired Supreme Court Justice Robert Stevens proposes 5 words that he said could be amended to the Second Amendment to solve the gun ownership debate. Something to the effect "while serving in the Militia". Seems like he thinks the Militia is like the National Guard. I don't think so.

In the years leading up to the Revolutionary War, South Carolinians - men of a certain age - were provided powder and lead and were REQUIRED to participate in the Militia. Basically, they were called out by the local authorities to preserve order. Then you had the State Troops - raised, trained, equipped, and paid by the individual states. Finally, the Continentals were those who belonged the National Army such as it was during the Revolution.

So, if the original framers of Constitution intended for "keep and bear arms" to mean you could have a gun so you could serve in the National Guard, so be it. I want a 50 cal I can mount in the back of my Suburban, and cut a hole in the roof……. Perhaps rocket propelled grenade launcher. Hell, if I am going to be in the Guard, I want to kick some butt!

Let me tell you guys, the founding fathers meant for us to have what we needed to protect our communities. If we are going to re-write the second amendment, I want to protect my community with a field artillery piece. Being a good citizen I will police the brass from that puppy so Justice Stevens can take comfort in knowing his Citizen Soldiers are being frugal with the tax payer's dollar.

I doubt those with special insight as to the intentions of the Founding Fathers would like me having some heavy armament around. After all, only the wealthy could afford an artillery piece, that would not be 'fair'. Of course, we could have a program where those who could not afford such weapon could get one paid for by the government. But alas, I digress….

In time, I hope those arrogant elitists who apparently cannot read will realize that the framers of our Constitution knew exactly what they wanted; an ordinary citizen who had the right to protect himself from criminals and from men in powerful positions who think THEY know what our Founding Fathers really intended…….