1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A new truck to play with

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by tbplus10, Dec 11, 2011.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Been looking for a new truck for a while but just couldnt find something I liked, especially when it got to the price.
    I talked to the local Chevy Dealer last week and they quoted a price on a new truck I that caught my attention.
    soa after talking to them on-line for about an hour Thursday night I went in Friday morning to let them put up or shut up, they came through a little better than the original quote.
    2011 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500 Crew Cab
    All Star Edition, includes Fog lamps, Trailer Package, 18" aluminium wheels, steering wheel radio controls, cruise control, power/heated mirrors, r/r window defroster, 6 way pwr drivers seat, pwr locks, pwr windows, remote entry, alarm, AM/FM/CD, 5.3 ltr eng with active fuel management, 6 spd auto trans.
    And the Work truck package which includes bed liner, r/r wheel house liners, bed caps, stainless bed tie downs, heavy duty rubber floor mats.
    Original list $36,327.
    The dealer gave $5005 off the sticker price for military appreciation (retired military eligible too), $2000 cash back for GM/Dealer loyalty (we bought an HHR from them 3 years ago), and $2000 cash back for dealership close out incentive, then they financed the remaining balance at 0% interest for 60 mos. I drove out with less than $500 a month payments and kept the down payment I'd planned on using in my bank account.
    new truck 005.jpg
    new truck 006.jpg
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Tim......Congrats on the New Silverado and Getting a Awesome Deal on Top of that!!!.......:great:......Its Sharp Looking Ride, What plans do you have for it??
  3. Congrats Tim, good looking truck and a good deal :money:
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Yeah that is a great price, that is pretty close to what we get for employee pricing maybe even a little better lol!
  5. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

Great price for a sharp truck. Very jealous!
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Thanks all.
    Nothing fancy at this time, a billet grill insert, under seat storage for the rear seat, drop the back to level it out, something louder for the exhaust, and chrome door handles. I'm gonna keep it simple since it'll be my daily driver.
  7. 747

747 New Member

Nice truck! I also prefer to keep my truck simple, Im actually going to do the same exact mods as you are.
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

Congrats on the new truck.
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Good looking truck Tim. Is it 2wd or 4x4?
  10. audible

audible New Member

Nice rig. Let us know what you do for the exhaust and under seat storage.