1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

a rant of my own (circuit city)

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 89suburban350, Aug 22, 2007.

1. 89suburban350

89suburban350 Rockstar 100 Posts

so i was about 99% complete with my system and it being the way i like it. until i noticed that one of my new tweeters i installed are not working. so i remembered circuit city said they found a blown tweeter in my front drivers side when they were installing my HU. so i said to myself "ok i got spares at the house". then they ask me do want us to cut the line so it doesn't ground out and blow your head unit? i was like no its ok. so they go and do it anyway and not tape up the ends so it wont ground out. so today i made this little discovery and they didnt cut it at the speaker they cut it at harness and totally got rid of that wire when i told them i had spares. now im gonna have to get a new harness and have to pay somebody more money on something stupid.
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

that's one HUGE reason why I don't let other people work on my car audio, or anything of that sort. If I'm capable of working on it, for the most part I do it. You can't trust places like that to do a halfway logical thing. Mobile One (a local car audio shop) chopped my cousin's civic radio harness to shreds to install an aftermarket radio. Well, he traded the car in, and he wanted to pull the aftermarket radio out. The dealer wanted a working radio, so I had to do my best and splice the lines back together...simple hell...
  3. 89suburban350

89suburban350 Rockstar 100 Posts

yea it was just me being cheap and taking advantage of the free installation
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I split the difference. IF I know the guys and they've done work for someone that I trust in the past, then I go ahead and let them do it. You get what you pay for.

I wouldn't let some schmuck without experience work on my system at a big box place, that's for sure.