1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A Sad story about a good friend of mine....

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Enkeiavalanche, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've known about this with my friend for the past few months and have not gone to see him. He has ALS better known as Lou Gehrig's Disease..:frown: I have not spoken to him in a few years but was told by some other friends about what was going on so I had to get the nerve to go to his house. This is a Guy that I worked with for 3 years Hung out with Rode ATV's with and camped out Been to his house for Partys. and more.. Anyway got to his house today and I just missed him. He is down in NC for a month to be with his folks and be warm His wife told me all about what's going on. He was told he has ALS about 2 years ago and as of now he's in a Wheel chair Here is a Pic of the way he used to be..

Jeff P.jpg

Anyway I've been looking up this disease and it is NOT good.. http://www.webmd.com/brain/understanding-als-basics

Anyway if I'm not here much in the next few months you will know why He should be back in NJ by Feb 17th .. I'll update soon Glenn
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  2. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member 100 Posts

sad to hear about this. I will keep him in my prayers, and hope he somehow recovers.
  3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

Praying for everyone!
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

That disease is a SOG. I know of one person who had that and it just takes a fully grown man and takes away so much so fast.
  5. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member 100 Posts

Look at the bright side though, He will not be in pain. Stay positive Glenn, And send our best wishes. And if theres anything we can do, please let us know.
  6. BRB46

BRB46 Member 100 Posts

Sorry to hear about your friend. Sending prayers to all. You will always have the memories of the good times you had together.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Thanks everyone I will keep you posted He won't be back up here till Feb 17th I'm planing a dinner with all his friends now..
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Ok Update time.. I have not been to the house since I spoke to his wife a while ago Well today I spoke and saw my friend Jeff.. WOW So sad.. He is in a wheel chair has no movement in his feet and limited in his hands and slurred speech But his spirits are high .. I spoke with him for about an hour about old times and getting together a few of his old friends and he was all for it..

Now what he does not know is that I want to either raise money for ALS or his family.. What do you think?
  9. Dana W

Dana W Member 100 Posts

Google ALS support. There may be something out there for him and his family. They don't have to be alone in this.
  10. Enkeiavalanche

I will ask them about it Thanks.. He does have 2 sons and a Great wife she's a teacher..