Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

A Tale of Two Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Drake_korthos, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Hey folks, I'm about ready for some new tires soon and have narrowed it down to two. I'd like ya'lls opinion and feedback on both of these tires. Some info first: I'm normally a highway driver (bout 80%) of the time with forays into gravel trails. Even though I live in a desert, the roads can become unbelievably slick with the slightest precipitation. As it is winter, I do plan on doing some driving in snow/ice as well when I head up into the mountains. Lastly, I'm currently riding on the BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain tires and have zero complaints.
    Now the dilemma: I was looking at getting another set of Rugged Terrains, but I've heard people mention some good things about the Nitto Terra Grappler's as well (http://www.nittotire.com/Tire/terragrappler ), and am not sure which route to go. The Terra Grappler's are a little more expensive, but I'm willing to shell out the extra cost if the tire is worth it. Some of the concerns I have is the longevity of the tires. I've acquired about 40K miles on my current set, and they're starting to show (my fault, failed to check alignment before long trip with heavy trailer...ouch), but feel confident that they'll last at least another 15K. What is the longevity with the Terra's? Do any of ya'll have a set, and if so what do you think of em? Just trying to get some feedback before I drop good money! Thanks again for ya'lls help in advance!

2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I had the Terra grapplers on my old truck... the wore really well but were not the greatest in deep snow.

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

a buddy has the terra grapplers and he hates them.

i love my bfg A/Ts.

Alex

4. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I've ran both an they both were great. If the bfg's are less expensive, then buy those

5. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Thanks for the info folks! Yeah ,the BFG Rugged Terrains are cheaper. When it's time (bout another 15K or so) I'll probably just get another set of those. Thanks again!