1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

a thought my freon was low, but....

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by loic, Aug 26, 2009.

1. loic

loic New Member

the a/c is not really cold, I htought I was low on freon so I bought a kit to recharge it but when I checked I have almost 50 PSI in the low pressure when the a/c is in full blow.
    I don't have any reference for that truck.
    do somebody know what the psi should be ? what would be the problem(S).
  2. bill190

bill190 New Member

You need the right tools and documentation to work on A/C.

That would be a set of gauges so you can read the low and high pressures.

Then a GM Factory Service Manual set will have pressure tables in it for what the pressures should be (low and high). The pressures vary depending on the ambient air temperature and humidity. Thus the reason for the chart.

You can order a GM Factory Service Manual set from helminc.com or a GM dealer.
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

what i recommend is bring it in to a reputable AC shop,
  4. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member 1000 Posts

Just had the same issue with my 1994 Silverado Ext 4WD.

Turns out that the Low side pressure was the same as the high side.

This could be a problem with the valve on the Condenser.

In my case I had to replace the Condenser, A/C compressor, and the Dryer.

Once the system pressure is the same on both the high and low side, the Compresser usually gets fried.

Best bet is to take it to a good A/C shop.

It is Kool to be cool...
  5. loic

loic New Member

I'll bring it to a shop, but if I need to replace the same stuff as you, i'm going to wait, I just spent a ton of money between the tahoe and the jeep with thing that broke...:grrrrrr: