Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

AA Auto Protection?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dtricks, May 21, 2010.

1. dtricks

dtricks New Member

Has anyone bought the AA Auto Protection Warranty? It's like car insurance, but for your engine and tranny, like an extended warranty. You see, i've got an 07 Silverado, and I just hit 100K miles, and my cat just went out. Set me back 8 bills. Now I'm wondering if I should invest in this warranty/insurance, and wanted to hear if anyone has had any type of success / failure.

Thanks

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Driveline only insurance should be pretty cheap. If I were to buy a new vehicle with all the complex hardware I'd get a warranty that covered everything.

Of course I'm holding onto the idea of buying older stuff and setting aside money for repairs that I can't DIY. Its working out ok so far. But every now and then I see that new Camaro and think just for a second what it would be like to be behind the wheel. The thought of the 4-5 hundred dollar monthly payment sobers me up pretty quick. Today I saw a really sweet 69 Belair convertible that is more in line with something I'd spend my cash on.