1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

? about interior paint

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Duck08, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Duck08

Duck08 New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, and I just got a 2008 Silverado. I was washing the windows with Windex, and some Windex got on the top of the interior door handle. I wiped it off, and the silver paint came off the handle. Is this something covered by warranty? Is the interior paint Chevy uses really this bad? I have never seen paint come off this easily. I've had 15 vehicles, and have used windex on every one of them without this problem.
  2. Greg84

Greg84 New Member 100 Posts

Ammonia dissolves chrome. I'm guessing by silver door handles you meant chrome, and windex contains ammonia. You can see if they'll cover it under warranty, but I kind of doubt they will.
  3. Duck08

Duck08 New Member

No, it's plastic painted silver. Almost a fake metal look.