1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

? about load rating

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by scgamer_99, Jun 16, 2009.

1. scgamer_99

scgamer_99 Rockstar

i was just wondering if the load ratting is super important or not right now my 95 burban says factory load rating is E but tires are hard to find in that rating in a 35" and when you do find them they are not on the cheap side, but D rated tires are plentiful, i don't really intend to tow and i was just wondering if a D rated tire would be ok to put on or is there too much difference in ride quality and safty
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you should be fine with a 8 ply
  3. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

As long as you follow the manufacturers list load for the tire you will be fine.
  4. NoelZ71

NoelZ71 Member

Its the load index number that makes or breaks it. As long as it has a load index of 120 or higher you will be ok. On the door placard it will tell you what it needs.(Next to the tire size) LT245/75R16E 120Q for example. Most larger sizes like 35's on up are LRD's with high load index numbers.