1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Abs And "!" Brake Light

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by masterfoxscout, Apr 24, 2009.

1. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout New Member ROTM Winner

Hello All!!!!

I just had my truck regeared to 4.56 and now both of the brake lights come on. I took it to the dealership, and they said that it was because of the wheel sensor reporting something different than the ABS system expecting. They said it needed to be reprogrammed, but they could not do it as they only deal with stock options. (GM goes to 4.10) Is there anything out there I can buy to program the EBCM or a place that should have one? I have already programed the engine's computer through a Hypertech HyperPAC, but apparently, the EBCM needs tweeking as well. Any help would be great.

Oh, its a 05 Silverado 1500 LD. 35" Tires and 4.56 Yukon Gears in the front and the rear.
  2. masterfoxscout

Anyone have any ideas?
  3. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

Sorry, this got overlooked.
    I've never heard of anyone reprogramming the EBCM. Have you checked with the place you bought the gears from? I'm thinking this is likely to be a common situation for them.

Otherwise, this is just a bump to your thread.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Abs And Brake Light

I would try returning the truck to stock settings and then reprogram for your new gears and the taller tires. I had my abs come on when I regeared my 05 Silverado with 4.10s . I had driven my truck with the 35s and the trucks ECM for stock 3.42s. When I installed the 4.10s and reprogrammed the ECM for the 4.10s the abs light cae on. I returned the truck back to stock settings, started the truck for a few minutes, shut it off and reprogrammed again with the new settings and everything was fine???????:confused:
  5. masterfoxscout

You programmed it with a hand-held? If so, what type did you use?

Also, how do you like the 4.10s? Is it still doggish or does it get up and go?
  6. AllBlkdOut07

AllBlkdOut07 New Member ROTM Winner

I would DEF do 4.56's for 35's. 4.10's are ok, 4.56's are closer to what the stock truck would've felt like.

My ABS and brake light also came on when I had a 93 octane EFI Live street tune, they tried tweaking the tune to allow for the bigger 35" tires so that the odometer would be accurate. Still haven't heard back from these idiots, speedo is about 10mph off, they have a call into EFI Live .

New place that will be installing my gears is confident they can fix that.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  7. silveradotrailblazer

Abs And Brake Light

I used Diablo Preditor programmer. The 4.10s help and seem to be a good comprimise between MPG and pulling. I had 4.56s in my Suburban and wish I had installed them in my Silverado.
  8. AllBlkdOut07

AllBlkdOut07 New Member ROTM Winner

Well my friend has an 07 VMax and he's happy enough with the 4.10's the truck came with. But if he had regeared from 3.73's or 3.42's he def would say 4.56's is the way to go.
  9. silveradotrailblazer

Abs And Brake Light

My Suburban came with 3.73s, installed 4.56s. Silverado came with 3.42s, installed 4.10s. Both trucks had 35s.
  10. masterfoxscout

Are your ABS/Brake lights still on? Were there any concerns with driving with them on? If you could, once you get that fixed, please let me know how they fixed it. I'm pretty concerned about it. I love the 4.56s, they spin tires like no other. I don't want to get the axle regeared to 4.10 and pay the $2000 to do it.