1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ABS and Check Engine Light Flashing Once along with a *Ding*

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by rockhopjohn, Feb 7, 2010.

1. rockhopjohn

rockhopjohn New Member

I am new to the forum, looking for some help tracking down a problem on my mom's 2005 4WD Sierra. I have searched around here a bit, and haven't been able to find a thread dealing with this problem. My mom mentioned an issues with the ABS light, so I took it out for a drive, and had the ABS and Check Engine light flash once, with a corresponding *Ding*. Both lights went off immediately, and there is no persistent check engine light. Since I have only seen it once, I don't know if there is any pattern as to when it happens, but for me it happened while I was driving at about 30 MPH.

I don't know what this is likely to be an indication of, but with no check engine light, I am assuming there is no code to be pulled. Thanks for any help.